Registration for Indian Premier League has been done. The last auction ended on January 20. According to an official advisory issued, 1214 players have been registered for the event, out of which 318 are foreign players and 896 are Indian cricketers who have signed up for the auction. 10 teams are going to participate and two new teams have been added (Lucknow and Ahmedabad).
? NEWS ?: 1,214 players register for IPL 2022 Player Auction
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) January 22, 2022
As for the mega auction, IPL 2022 will see new franchises, Ahmedabad and Lucknow, with multiple reports suggesting that the event may take place in Bengaluru on February 12 and 13. In total, 10 teams will be bidding in the two-day mega auction expecting the best. In terms of international performance, the list of players that are being included as capped players are 270, whereas 903 are uncapped, and 41 players from associate countries, breaking this further to 209 capped, international cricketers, 61 capped, Indian players, and 143. The players are Indians (Uncapped) who were a part of the last IPL season including 6 international players (Uncapped).
There are a total of 318 overseas lists of players:
- Australia – 59 players
- South Africa – 48 players
- West Indies – 41 players
- Sri Lanka – 36 players
- England – 30 players
- New Zealand – 29 players
- Afghanistan – 20 players
- Nepal – 15 players
- USA – 14 players
There are also other countries whose cricketers have registered for the IPL 2022 players’ auction:
- Bangladesh – 9 players
- Namibia – 5 players
- Oman – 3 players
- Ireland – 3 players
- Zimbabwe – 2 players
- Bhutan – 1 player
- Netherlands – 1 player
- Scotland – 1 player
- UAE – 1 player
In all, 33 players have been retained, with the existing IPL franchises retaining a total of 27 players, on the other hand the two newly added teams (Lucknow and Ahmedabad) have picked up six players ahead of the auction.
The players retained by each IPL franchise this year are:
- CSK (Chennai Super Kings): MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja and Moeen Ali.
- DC (Delhi Capitals) – Axar Patel, Rishabh Pant, Anrich Nortje and Prithvi Shaw
- KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders) – Varun Chakravarthy, Andre Russell, Venkatesh Iyer and Sunil Narine
- MI (Mumbai Indians) – Jasprit Bumrah, Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav
- PBKS (Punjab Kings) – Arshdeep Singh and Mayank Agarwal
- RR (Rajasthan Royals) – Jos Buttler, Yashasvi Jaiswal and Sanju Samson
- RCB (Royal Challengers Bangalore) – Glenn Maxwell, Virat Kohli, Mohammad Siraj
- SRH (Sunrisers Hyderabad) – Abdul Samad, Kane Williamson and Umran Malik.
- Team Lucknow – Ravi Bishnoi, Marcus Stoinis and KL Rahul
- CVC Capitals (Ahmedabad) – Rashid Khan, Shubman Gill, Hardik Pandya
Main features of the league:
- The Lucknow franchise has picked KL Rahul for Rs 15 crore, Marcus Stoinis for Rs 11 crore and Ravi Bishnoi for Rs 4 crore.
- Hardik Pandya is expected to lead the Ahmedabad franchise team with Ashish Nehra and Gary Kirsten as mentors.
- The group made a huge bid of Rs. 7090 crore for newly formed team CVC Capital (Ahmedabad)
- Lucknow and Ahmedabad are the two new teams that have entered the league.