Friday, December 9, 2022

LOGIN / REGISTER

spot_img

Chelsea refuse to sell attacking pair amid Barcelona interest.

Date:

SHARE POST

Chelsea have reportedly made their intentions clear over the futures over Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech as the players continue to be linked with a move to Barcelona.

Both players joined the Premier League giants during the 2020 summer transfer window, but have failed to live up to expectations and nail down a starting place for themselves in Thomas Tuchel’s starting XI.

Reports previously had claimed that the Blues would be open to letting the duo leave depending on the offer made by Barcelona. SPORT added that the LaLiga giants reportedly initiated transfer talks with Chelsea’s transfer chief Marina Granovskaia.

However, according to the same publication, Tuchel has overruled Granovskaia and shut down all talk of a potential move for either or both players for he does not want to weaken his squad midway during a season.

Both Ziyech and Werner have been struggling to find regular playing minutes and have found themselves competing with the likes of Kai Havertz, Mason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Romelu Lukaku, and Christian Pulisic for the three attacking spots in Chelsea’s frontline.

Ziyech has played 13 times this season, scoring twice, while Werner has four goals in 12 matches so far in 2021-22.

Barcelona are desperately looking to bring a striker following Sergio Aguero’s heart condition and were previously linked with a move for Manchester City’s Ferran Torres, but Pep Guardiola’s side are reportedly reluctant to let the Spaniard leave.

Xavi’s side still find themselves dealing with crippling debt and might be forced to settle for loan moves and free transfers until they can sell some players and free up the wage bill. A number of players have been linked with exits at Camp Nou, including former Liverpool man, Phillippe Coutinho, who has been linked with a return to the Premier League. However, the Brazilian’s hefty wages are proving to be a stumbling block.

Meanwhile, Chelsea look to have nailed down their first signing of the upcoming January transfer window, with Hungary boss Marco Rossi claiming a move for Fenerbahce defender Attila Szalai is a “done deal”.

Tuchel has a number of defenders to choose from, including Thiago Silva, Antonio Rudiger, Cesar Azpilicueta, and Andreas Christensen, but all except for Silva will be out of contract next summer.

Marco Rossi

Rossi was asked which Hungary players would feature in Serie A and told Calciomercato: “It’s hard to name just one player, but right now I see very well Attila Szalai, who plays for Fenerbahce, but I think he is joining Chelsea.

“Clearly, he has been followed by important clubs in Spain, but apparently his move to Chelsea is a done deal. He would be a great player also for Italian football.”

Said By Rossi

Chelsea dropped to third on the league table following frustrating results against Manchester United and Burnley in recent weeks, leading to Manchester City and Liverpool overtaking them.

spot_imgspot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

BCCI removes old selectors, adds multiple captains’ deployment jobs for new selectors

Chetan Sharma’s Old committee is not up to the...

Winning story of T20 World Cup 2007 – web series coming soon

Brief background of the series makers An internet series of...

Cristiano Ronaldo will 100% retire if his Portugal Team wins FIFA Cup

Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo has introduced that he'll...

Lionel Messi iconic ‘Golden Boots’ reflects FIFA Trophy colors

Argentina forward Lionel Messi can vie in his final...